At this point, I had completed 60% of the tutorial. The rest 40% was on animating and rendering this Donut.
After completing the remaining 40%, I started rendering the final Donut with animation. It took me 13 hours to render it. The reason it took 13 hours was due to my laptop specs. My laptop is 4 years old and runs on Linux(elementary OS
) without an Nvidia graphics card. So the rendering is done using the CPU.
The animation duration was 10 seconds at 30fps, so 300 frames had to be rendered. Blender can directly render the animation as a video file, but most Blender experts don’t recommend doing this as the video quality is really low. So it is recommended to export all frames in OpenEXR format and later join them using Blender’s Video Editor.
After completing this and when I saw the final render, I got frustrated. The final render came out as transparent.
Then I spent 1 hour trying to figure out where I made the mistake. Since the issue was with the background, I knew it had something to do with the Compositing.
So I switched to the Compositing tab and found the mistake. I connected the Viewer and Composite nodes separately. Actually, it was supposed to be connected to the same node (Add). So I connected it correctly. You can see the Compositing node tree below.